Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Colossians 4 praying leads to joyful thanksgiving!


Colossians 4:2-6


 "2 Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. 3 And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains. 4 Pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should. 5 Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. 6 Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone."


Prayer-it's a word that is used often but it is an action that eludes most of us. It is a mystery that sometimes seems unreachable. I see in this verse that it is not be unreachable it is to be a way of life! it is a choice that we must make to devote ourselves to prayer! It is essential to being thankful! When we pray we talk to God therefore in order to give thanks to God we must pray! 
Right now I feel like a light bulb just went off in my head-"ding"! It is not a chore it is a choice that leads us to joyful thanksgiving! Making the most of every opportunity will come easily to us when we have prayed. In order for our conversations to be full of grace we must put on "outfit 12" from Colossians 3:12 and the best way to do that is by prayer! 


Prayer is the basis to live a live worthy of Christ! Help me Lord to pray without ceasing through out the day as I work, clean, walk and breath let me be joyfully thankful in prayer before your throne!

No comments:

Post a Comment