Monday, November 1, 2010

My Graceful Becoming

I am very excited to begin this journey of becoming with God.
This whole year I have been stretched, tried, and challenged beyond my imagination. 
September marked the climax of how much the Lord wanted to teach me this year! After Samuel was born I began to pray and ask the Lord what he thought about motherhood and how he viewed it. The Lord of course did not let me stop there he continued to speak to my heart about a graceful becoming. 
Many times I wondered becoming what? 
a wife, a mother, a provider, a teacher, most importantly a woman after God's heart? 
all these questions continue to resonate in my heart and i believe that the Lord will show me the answers I seek.

Today this word 

de·vel·op·pé

  [dih-vel-uh-pey; Fr. devuh-law-pey]  Show IPA
–noun, plural -pés [-peyz; Fr. -pey]  Show IPA.
a movement in ballet in which the free leg is drawn up beside theworking leg and then extended into the air.
Origin: 
1910–15;  < F, ptp. of développer  to develop

was dropped in my heart and i remembered from my ballet class striving to create a perfect 

developpé. The Lord wants to guide me deeper into his heart where I will discover the gifts that he so generously has waiting for me. Not by my own strength but by His.

But that doesn't mean you should all look and speak and act the same. Out of the generosity of Christ, each of us is given his own gift. The text for this is, He climbed the high mountain, He captured the enemy and seized the booty, He handed it all out in gifts to the people. Is it not true that the One who climbed up also climbed down, down to the valley of earth? And the One who climbed down is the One who climbed back up, up to highest heaven. He handed out gifts above and below, filled heaven with his gifts, filled earth with his gifts. He handed out gifts of apostle, prophet, evangelist, and pastor-teacher to train Christ's followers in skilled servant work, working within Christ's body, the church, until we're all moving rhythmically and easily with each other, efficient and graceful in response to God's Son, fully mature adults, fully developed within and without, fully alive like Christ.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the title of your blog! I look forward to reading -- you have such a beautiful heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daphne! so excited you took a look! I thought about you and our great dancing times together when I picked it!

    ReplyDelete