Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Galatians 3 Salvation is by faith alone.

It took me a while to post but through the day I was able to think about the reading for today.

Paul is very direct with the Galatians in this chapter he wants them to understand that salvation can not be obtained by ceremonies or traditions and like he states in verses 2-4 "...did you receive the Holy Spirit by obeying the law? Or did you receive the Spirit by believing...are you so foolish? You began with the Holy Spirit. Are you now trying to complete God's work in you by your own strength?"
This is essentially the difference between the law and Grace. Grace is freely given and by faith we are saved for believing in Christ. The law on the other hand is a conglomerate of rules that we control by our own strength. I see the Law as a mirror in which we see ourselves unsaved and ashamed because we can't follow it-we are merely human. 

Christ is our Hope amen! He promised Abraham that all nations would be blessed because of Him-really because of his faith- he believed God. God knew that we(the gentiles) would enter this promise through Christ's sacrifice! So praise God because even before the Law was established he was first establishing hope not only for the Jews but also for the rest of the world-he was depicting his plan of salvation!

Galatians 3:24-25 " Christ came so that we might be made right with God by believing in Christ. But now faith has come. So we are no longer under the control of the law"
praise God that he gives us freedom! All throughout these chapters I see that the Lord wants to give us freedom so we can enter into a relationship with him!

I think I could write forever from this chapter!
Thank you Lord, for your promises and your faithfulness-for giving your only son so that we can be free to choose you as our Savior through faith and not be bound by sin!

I believe you are more than enough for me Lord!

4 comments:

  1. Yes, Amen. God is indeed more than enough for me. His grace is all I need to accept him in faith. I do not want to be anything like those foolish Galatians I don't want to be under the law.I want to be under God's grace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so thankful for freedom in Christ and that I am no longer bound by the chains of sin! I am reminded by Chris Tomlin's song...
    My chains are gone,
    I've been set free
    My God, my Savior has ransomed me
    And like a flood His mercy reigns
    Unending love, Amazing Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this song! I am grateful as well!

    ReplyDelete