Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Philippians 1 conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel

Philippians 1
"27 Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ..."


In this chapter Paul begins his letter in a very joyful and grateful manner. He is thanking the church for their contribution to his ministry and goes on to give an account of what is happening at the time. 


He speaks as if circumstances don't shake him before he stands on the Solid Rock that is Jesus. He goes on to state that all things work out for good to those who are in Christ. He describes how because he is incarcerated the Gospel is being preached even more! He is excited about that and because he has been conducting himself in a manner worthy of the Gospel those around him-in jail have come to know the Lord!


This is what he is telling the Church and I believe me today: No matter what situation you find yourself in, even if it is not pleasing at the moment conduct yourself in a manner worthy of Gospel of Christ. When you do this your will see God at work. In order to do this he realizes that you must be strengthened by the Lord so he prays this prayer:


Philippians 1:9-11
"9 And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, 10 so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, 11 filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God."


I pray today Lord that your Love will abound more in me! I want to know you more! I want to discern what is best and be pure and blameless for the day of Christs! Fill me Lord with your righteousness- so that no matter what happens I will stand firm conducting myself in a manner worthy of Your Gospel!

No comments:

Post a Comment