Sunday, November 7, 2010

Galatians 6 You always Sow what you reap

Galatians 6: 7-10
7 Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. 8 Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. 9 Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. 10 Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.


This passage really got my attentions on Saturday. It seems like I hear people say it all the time you sow what you reap-or as people call it now karma- although these two terms stand for completely different things. I wonder when they say it do they really understand what it means when you sow hatred you will reap hatred when you sow love you will reap love! that is huge to me because before I do something or say something I want to think about what am I going to sow and what I am going to get out of it when I reap the results. It is not just about people  getting punished because they have mistreated you. It is about all the decisions you make will they reap eternal life?
 Lord, help me to be purposeful about always doing good even when I am tired, stressed, and my patience is tried. Help me to pray always especially in these instances so that I will always sow love, joy, peace, kindness and tenderness so that I can reap eternal life with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment