Sunday, March 27, 2011

Romans 7 in this life of contradiction

This is what living out our faith and life in this world is all about! This has been the Ultimate struggle in my life. I know that good that I want to do! I want to revel in the Lord's commandment I want to follow them and live them out but everyday it is a struggle because the flesh that my spirit lives in is not spiritual and still longs to do the exact sin that I want  to stay away from!
Reading this passage has always brought great  comfort to me because Paul a huge faith  warrior had the same struggle I deal with everyday! Praise God there is hope for me!
Romans 7:14-25
Released From the Law, Bound to Christ

"14 We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. 15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18 For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature.[c] For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19 For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. 20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
 21 So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22 For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; 23 but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. 24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? 25 Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!
   So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God’s law, but in my sinful nature[d] a slave to the law of sin."

Here is another way to say the ending of this chapter from the Message 
Romans7:24-25

24I've tried everything and nothing helps. I'm at the end of my rope. Is there no one who can do anything for me? Isn't that the real question?
 25The answer, thank God, is that Jesus Christ can and does. He acted to set things right in this life of contradictions where I want to serve God with all my heart and mind, but am pulled by the influence of sin to do something totally different."
The Hope for me is called Jesus! he is the answer! He has made things right "in this life of contradiction" He is with us always-as he promised! With him we can do all things for he gives us strength. (phil 4:13) This includes serving him! Praise the Lord because has thought of  everything and has given us all the answers because he wants us to spend eternity with him! Hallelujah! 

1 comment:

  1. I love this portion of scripture...it really shows are human side. But God is faith and He is the answer!!! Great Post!

    ReplyDelete