Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Grace brings peace


This graceful becoming is painful, challenging, irritating, and downright intimidating. After all, who wants to see that old self that constantly strives to take over again and burden with lies. It is in this struggle though that His grace is enough. Although, little voices clamor for my attention there is one a still small voice that states, " my grace is enough..."

"My Grace is enough; it’s all you need. My strength comes into its own in your weakness. Once I heard that, I was glad to let it happen. I quit focusing on the handicap and began appreciating the gift. It was a case of Christ’s strength moving in on my weakness. Now I take limitations in stride, and with good cheer, these limitations that cut me down to size—abuse, accidents, opposition, bad breaks. I just let Christ take over! And so the weaker I get, the stronger I become." 2 Cor. 12:7-10

What peace! Now I don't need to strive, I don't need to try harder, I don't need to look harder! I just need to rest in His word; that my strength comes directly from him and my limitations are merely a reminder to trust that his  grace is enough! A reminder that Grace is changing me without changing my individuality it is a graceful becoming more like Christ!


No comments:

Post a Comment