|Picture found here|
Here are some of the highlights!
- Lauren: "Jesus is the living water"
2 points that Lauren was able to take from this were
- But whoever takes a drink of the water that I will give him shall never, no never, be thirsty any more. But the water that I will give him shall become a spring of water welling up (flowing, bubbling) [continually] within him unto (into, for) eternal life.
- I must be willing to accept the living water that he offers
- The water that God offers is good!
- it quenches thirst and satisfies that desire for God that lies deep within our hearts!
- She loves how he uses definitive! " will never thirst again"
- I love spring water and reminds me waterfalls and springs in Hawaii-awesome!
- this is a challenge for her but when you accept-it is also full of hope!
- She Struggles and sins as we do
- Seeking, searching and questioning
- needs to be accepted and loved
- Because she does not walk away from Jesus when he encounters her but instead converses with him and dialogues with him to have her questions answered- He meets her there! He reveals himself to her!
- 25The woman said to Him, I know that Messiah is coming, He Who is called the Christ (the Anointed One); and when He arrives, He will tell us everything we need to know and make it clear to us.
26Jesus said to her, I Who now speak with you am He.
- boundaries set by society do not matter to Jesus he will meet you right where you are
- She was a woman
- a Samaritan (Jews and Samaritans did not get along)
- A "married" woman
- an outcast (a scarlet letter type character)
- Jesus met her right where she was: after 5 failed marriages and living with a man that was now not her her husband-to the world standards her life was undesirable. To Jesus she was a child in need of a father and lost soul in need of a savior. When Jesus looked in to her eyes he saw a woman in need of Love- She depicts Jesus purpose for coming to this world-to save the lost.
- An encounter with Jesus changes your life and gives you boldness and courage to live a life worthy of Jesus!
- verse 29:Come, see a Man Who has told me everything that I ever did! Can this be [is not this] the Christ? [Must not this be the Messiah, the Anointed One?]
30So the people left the town and set out to go to Him.
- Verse 39Now numerous Samaritans from that town believed in and trusted in Him because of what the woman said when she declared and testified, He told me everything that I ever did.
40So when the Samaritans arrived, they asked Him to remain with them, and He did stay there two days.
41Then many more believed in and adhered to and relied on Him because of His personal message [what He Himself said].
42And they told the woman, Now we no longer believe (trust, have faith) just because of what you said; for we have heard Him ourselves [personally], and we know that He truly is the Savior of the world, the Christ.
God's Grace is available to you! But you must be willing to accept it! Lord, I pray give us a hunger and thirst for you! I pray that you will help us to accept your grace and set it as the standard for our lives! teach us to be more and like you!