Friday, October 7, 2011

John 2


October 7,2011
John 2
The second book of John depicts the beginning of Jesus' ministry. We learn some things about Jesus that seem to be so "human"-so normal. Something I would do and later really ponder upon the reason why I did that. We know that Jesus is God incarnate on the earth walking among men. Before I dive into the character of Jesus let me talk a little bit about his mom. 
Mary has such wonderful insight into her son's life. She was told from the very beginning what his purpose was for coming into this world. As a mom now I have to think about the little life that he entrusted me. She knew that He was God. She knew that he could be approached at all time for anything. She trusted in his power and knew that he cared about the little things. Read these verses

John 2

The Message (MSG)

When they started running low on wine at the wedding banquet, Jesus' mother told him, "They're just about out of wine." 4Jesus said, "Is that any of our business, Mother—yours or mine? This isn't my time. Don't push me."
 5She went ahead anyway, telling the servants, "Whatever he tells you, do it."
in these verses you see that she is not afraid to approach him about something that to some would seem so insignificant and almost a bother. Although Jesus tells her " it is not yet my time" he is obedient and cares about his mother word as well as for the couple  who need something at this time. He cares remember that nothing is too small or insignificant for him-if it matters to you it matters to him!

This chapter reminds me of me- this is why-JESUS LOST HIS TEMPER! Do you know how many times I have to find my temper again!!! He is jealous and Passionate about what he believes. His boldness at this time took over and you see someone on a rampage as we would say! 
 15-17Jesus put together a whip out of strips of leather and chased them out of the Temple, stampeding the sheep and cattle, upending the tables of the loan sharks, spilling coins left and right. He told the dove merchants, "Get your things out of here! Stop turning my Father's house into a shopping mall!" That's when his disciples remembered the Scripture, "Zeal for your house consumes me." 
He wants them to understand that the House of God is sacred and that they have strayed far away from that knowledge and have allowed things to take place and take home in the temple that belongs to God. When I read this I think about our bodies. Like this verse states 
1 Corinthians 6:19Amplified Bible (AMP)19Do you not know that your body is the temple (the very sanctuary) of the Holy Spirit Who lives within you, Whom you have received [as a Gift] from God? You are not your own,
if Jesus were to step into our temple what would he find? Would he have to clean up things that we have allowed to take shelter in it that takes us away from him? Remembering that we are not going to be perfect while we are here on earth-we are called to Holiness never the less. Remember through Christ we can do all things-if he has called us to pursue Holiness then we can do it! he has given us his word to guide! so doing this Bible study together will help us to learn more about what he desires of us!

I love the insight I gain about Christ in this chapter. He allows me to understand that he was just as human as I am. He wants me to see that he knows what I am going through and understands what I go through. He is not just up there in Heaven looking down at me and not understanding my life. No- he lived it and experienced it and it was because of that knowledge that he bore the Cross for my sins so that I could live with him for ever!

Lord,  I pray for my friends as we go through this Bible study together. I pray that you give us the strength to read your word. I pray that you will give us the wisdom to understand your word as we read it. Lord, help us to understand your character as we read this book so that we can be more and more like you. Lord, I pray that you will teach us how to pursue holiness the same way that you did. Lord, you were human when you lived her on earth so that you could go through the struggles we face and you leave us the example that through it all you trusted in your father God! Give us your strength, your boldness, and your passion for the things of the Lord! We ask for your favor and grace over our lives and that it would over flow to our home and those that we come in contact with! Thank you Lord because you always hear us and you care about all that happens to us! Thank you sweet Jesus for loving us!
   
Gracefully Daisy

No comments:

Post a Comment