Saturday, September 17, 2011

1/2 Marathon

http://pinterest.com/pin/197879517/
via pinterest

Today, I am absolutely astounded at what my body is capable of doing when I set my mind to it. 
The day started out beautifully-perfect temperature for running! The breeze played across our faces and cooled us down! I enjoyed the beginning of the trail under the trees, next to a river, over bridges and open fields! 
I love that my darling running partner ( AKA the love of my life) and I were able to run our first half marathon together! we have done so many firsts in our 3years and 9 months of being married- glad this one is added to our list! 
By the end of the race I really wanted to just walk but we made such great time that we were going to be able to finish under 3 hours. I would have been happy with 3 but Josh always believed I could finish under three! so I ran my little heart out and my knees were screaming, my feet were protesting but the words of encouragement being spoken next to me were louder! I could not have done it without the Love of my life next to me! Thank you babe! you are the best! I am your number one fan! 


I leave you with this...

1 Corinthians 9:24

The Message (MSG)

 24-25You've all been to the stadium and seen the athletes race. Everyone runs; one wins. Run to win. All good athletes train hard. They do it for a gold medal that tarnishes and fades. You're after one that's gold eternally.

1 Corinthians 9:24

English Standard Version (ESV)

 24Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it.



~Gracefully Daisy

No comments:

Post a Comment