Friday, April 22, 2011

Praying for a Gentle Spirit


"May Sam be completely humble and gentle; patient, bearing with others in love." Ephesians 4:2

Today I continue to pray for the Lord to put his gentle and loving spirit in Sam.
I pray that, "Sam may take God's yoke upon Him, and learn from Him, for He is gentle and lowly in heart, then Sam will find rest for his soul (Matt 11:29)

Daily I see Sam's strength and I praise the Lord 
all the same I see that he is strong willed and I ask the Lord to mold that into passion for Him
the next time I catch glimpses of his humanity showing me he is upset about something
and I whisper to him, "Gentle buddy, you are a gentleman..."
I pray again, "Lord, give Sam your gentleness."

As I have taken on the challenge of prayer for little guy I have discovered such wonderful encouragement in God's word. He has thought of everything already. He knows how we need to pray for our sons so he has given us the verses to pray over them. Thank you Lord for your faithfulness and strength as we raise our little guy to become a man according to your heart.

Gracefully Daisy

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful post, and beautiful/handsome son! :o)

    Came here via 21 Days for Sons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Haelie so glad you came to visit! Can't wait to check out your blog

    ReplyDelete