Thursday, May 21, 2015

Good Friendships Refresh the Soul

 
Perfume and incense bring joy to the heart,
and the pleasantness of a friend springs from their heartfelt advice
Proverbs 27:9
 
 Getting to spend time with one friend is a treat but gathering many around the table is so special. I love how the Lord brings friends into our lives that refresh our souls. The desire for friendship is something so dear to his heart. Jesus even told his disciples, " I no longer call you servants... I have called you friends..." John 15:15 He was now bringing them in close and allowing them to be a part of the relationship he shared with his father! This is so beautiful and so encouraging he sees your desire for friendship and he knows your longing for true refreshment in your current friendships. He truly does make all things beautiful!
 


I found this beautiful artwork that brought me so much encouragement here
 
Setting the table before coming to the table can always make any time spent around the table special.
 
Giselle spent brunch with us gals and enjoyed the food and the company just as much as we did!
I think she is going to grow up to love brunch too!

The centerpiece was a simple project I have been wanting to try out for so long and it truly turned out great!

We gathered to celebrate life together and enjoy each other's company.
 
Empty plates but full hearts!

I remember the first time I met Melanie I was a customer at Talbots and she was behind the counter. I had newly moved to Dayton and knew no one. I heard her speaking to another customer about Texas and my ears perked up. I had just moved from Texas and even speaking to someone from Texas would be make my lonely heart happy. Well, the customer was not interested in speaking to me and that did not phase me though because Melanie told me she had a friend that had just moved from Austin back to Dayton. I couldn't believe my ears I had just moved from Austin too! A fellow Austinite in Dayton what a treat! So, Mel introduced me to Marti and now 8 years later we are still friends and every time we get together our souls are refreshed! Another beautiful thing is that our friendships are always multiplying when one of them introduces one of their friends to me it's like we've been friends for a long time! I love when things like that happen!

Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedules and spending time around the tables ladies! It was a beautiful morning and truly energized me!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment