Tuesday, September 9, 2014

A Flamingo Birthday Party


This picture sums up the feeling of Giselle's first birthday party. 
We are in awe of this baby girl and the fact that she was entrusted to us.
 Just last night my sweet husband said, " thank you for giving her to me." 
We both looked into each others eyes and thanked the Lord for entrusting her to us. 

Oh my heart be still...
Life speeds by too fast. 
I pray that I can slow down and enjoy the little moments 
that make up our wonderful life. 
Oh that I don't let busyness steal the joy of spending time with these little souls.
That motherhood continues to transform me into the woman I am to be. 
Because these littles are an extension of me but also shape and mold my character. 

I love to celebrate them-these two gifted to us. So their birthday parties are a gift that I 
thoroughly embrace. I love thinking about them, planning all the little details, and mostly watching them enjoying the time with friends and family. 










It was a beautiful time and we so enjoyed celebrating and loving this beautiful little girl as she takes our hearts by storm.


Sweet Sam and I went to the store and bought a gift for Giselle. I loved this moment with Sam having him completely focused on Giselle and struggling as we all do to not focus on what he wanted to buy for himself. Once again I stop baffled that I am gracefully becoming the mom I am supposed to be for the children that the Lord saw fit to give me.


Children are a heritage from the Lord, offspring a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in one’s youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their opponents in court.



Gracefully Daisy

No comments:

Post a Comment