Thursday, December 23, 2010

good news that will cause great joy for all the people

This Christmas Season has been a rich time of reflection for me. 
I have spent the Season at home with Baby Samuel and no interruptions. We have read the story of Jesus' Birth together from the different gospels and have sang Christmas carols together bringing giggles and smiles to baby Sam's face! 

This year the birth of the Lord is so personal after receiving Sammy as our gift! 
He has captivated my heart completely...
His beautiful smile makes my heart flutter with Joy and when I think I can't love him anymore-my love for him grows! 
His deep brown eyes tenderly look up at me-"Saying I need you so much...I love you so much" 
Holding him in my arms makes me so happy- I want to cry! 
I love knowing that he is mine-but more I love knowing that the Lord has great plans for him-greater than I could ever fathom.

I think of Mary and how captivated she was with Love for her little boy named Jesus! 
His birth was miracle in more ways than one.
 She was in awe of holding the Saviour in her arms but to her it was her baby boy!
 I am not sure how much of the scriptures Mary thought about when he held him. I wonder if she thought about what was to come for him in the future! I think at times she was more like me, I feel as if Sam will be in my arms forever-I can't even imagine him growing up.( although he is growing fast right before my eyes)

I loved the message at our Christmas service at church. The pastor talked about Mary being available-she did not hesitate and did not send the angel away and asked him to come back later when she was ready or had more time. She made her self available for Christmas to happen in her heart.
And Mary said,

   Yes, I see it all now:
      I'm the Lord's maid, ready to serve.
   Let it be with me
      just as you say. Luke 1:36-38

This Christmas Season I made my heart available. I wanted to be so focused on the true reason for the season that everything about Christmas brought me Joy! 
I began right after Thanksgiving and discovered the beautiful Celebration of advent. Until now I had only heard about advent but had never looked into it. I loved reading through the bible and discovering that the Messiah has been awaited for thousands of years before he was ever born!
I loved to see the pattern weaved through the scriptures as God promised to redeem us from our sin right after Adam and Eve sinned. 

I began each morning with a devotional reading a chapter of Luke. I have been richly blessed as the life of Jesus unfolds. He made his Life available so that we could have Christmas in our heart everyday! 
"For God so Loved the world that he gave his only Son..." John 3:16
So, this Christmas the Lord continues to send us good news of great joy! Remembering that the little babe born in the manger came because he loved us so much he could not stay away and allow us to perish. He longs to reside in our hearts so that we can enjoy Christmas everyday! 

I love the way Zacharia sings about these great news after his son John is born.
 "Blessed be the Lord, the God of Israel;
      he came and set his people free.
   He set the power of salvation in the center of our lives, 
      and in the very house of David his servant,
   Just as he promised long ago
      through the preaching of his holy prophets:
   Deliverance from our enemies
      and every hateful hand;
   Mercy to our fathers,
      as he remembers to do what he said he'd do,
   What he swore to our father Abraham—
      a clean rescue from the enemy camp,
   So we can worship him without a care in the world,
      made holy before him as long as we live.
" Luke 1:67-79

So this Christmas choose to be available and your heart will find joy in all the beauty and wonder that Christmas brings! 
The Message Luke 2:8-14
An Event for Everyone
 8-12There were sheepherders camping in the neighborhood. They had set night watches over their sheep. Suddenly, God's angel stood among them and God's glory blazed around them. They were terrified. The angel said, "Don't be afraid. I'm here to announce a great and joyful event that is meant for everybody, worldwide: A Savior has just been born in David's town, a Savior who is Messiah and Master. This is what you're to look for: a baby wrapped in a blanket and lying in a manger." 13-14At once the angel was joined by a huge angelic choir singing God's praises:

   Glory to God in the heavenly heights,
   Peace to all men and women on earth who please him.

No comments:

Post a Comment