Monday, May 16, 2011

This life I lead... gifts of thanksgiving #18-#24

This life I lead is beautiful ...

Daily I am amazed by the beautiful and bountiful gifts that my Savior bestows upon me in this life I lead. 

"Thanksgiving is inherent to a true salvation experience; thanksgiving is necessary to live the well, whole,fullest life." ~Ann Voskamp One Thousand Gifts
My heart flutters within me as I type this quote. I long for the fullest life and I know the One who has promised to give it to me. Could it be that I have been missing out on it because of my ungrateful heart? Could it be that I have not been living out my salvation completely because of the ungratefulness that clouds my longing to live in gratitude. Forgive me Lord...

I thank God for his grace that he so lavishly pours upon my heart and like a balm my heart is healed and gratitude begins to grow and take root...


may I continue to water it with the words of thanksgiving that I sometimes have to force out of my lips-one day they will freely flow...
the joy that exists because my heart chooses a life of thanksgiving will give me strength and daily I will 
"...sacrifice thank offerings, preparing the way so that God will show me his salvation"-Psalm 50:23 
#18 receiving a letter from the Love of my life describing the beautiful memories we have mad in our 1247 days of marriage
 #19 a talk on the phone with my best friend
#20 the sweet rest after long days of work
#21 snuggles and giggles with my little man
#22 for Salvation that is a gift of grace
#23 for a home in which we can share with friends
#24 discovering truths in One Thousand Gifts which I received from my love for Mother's Day




Gracefully Daisy

2 comments:

  1. I have her book and have seen alot about it in blog land lately but I haven't read it yet! I need to pull it out and read it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so far so good! I really enjoy her writing!

    ReplyDelete